Tuesday, August 30, 2011

8/29/11 She has been out 8 months!


Hey everybody!
This week was Urša's baptism and it was amazing!!! I have so much love and respect for that young woman. her humility amazes me. We had 44 people come to her baptism and according to the elders count 25 of them were non members. That is unheard of!...I don't know how accurate that count is but we're trusting the elders on that:) Urša had to be baptized twice because she was sitting in a chair and when the chair got tipped back her legs came up. I thought she didn't go under the second time but the witnesses oked it. That was a little stressful but it all worked out! When sister Oakley went back to help her change she said Urša was just beaming. She invited 5 of her family members and we had a bunch of investigators come as well! I can guarantee that we will be seeing the affects of this baptism years down the road. Urša is already a great missionary and the spirit she brings touches the hearts of all those she comes in contact with. I am so excited for her and grateful for the opportunity I had to teach her. She has and will bless many peoples lives!
Second big piece of news for the week. Transfers.....are you ready for this?.....I am still in Ljubljana......with Sister Staheli!!! I am so excited! I was really strange for me to say goodbye to sister Oakley though. We have been together for 6 months and I have learned so much from her. I have known nothing but ljubljana with her and now I am here without her...it is a little disorienting and I am sure it will be the cause of much growth. I haven't had to do a lot leading and so it will really make me stretch. So many of the members love her so much and we have developed some amazing relationships with the members and our investigators so it will be interesting for me to learn how to work with someone different. I am really excited to experience something new though!
I'd better go. I love you all and thank you for your love, prayers and support!
Love,
Sestra Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment