Tuesday, August 30, 2011

7/11/11

Greetings from Slovenia!
It is so interesting to think that I am actually in Slovenia.... yeah you are probably all thinking "Really sister powell? You've been there for how long and are just now having that realization?" and the answer is no. I haven't just realized it...but I have been thinking about it a lot lately. and how weird it is that I am meeting people everyday who have always existed but I had no clue about...and still how many people are out there who I don't know, and never will, who are all God's children, and how many of them don't have the gospel? It puts things into perspective a little bit... and helps me realize just how miniscule my existence really is. But God still knows and loves me and helps me everyday, and also all of those other billions of people...whew.

Alright enough of the philosophical stuff...sorry my spelling and grammar is going down the drain so bear with me. This week has been a kind of long one. We had an amazing meeting with Pres. Rowe on tuesday with our whole mission! Pres. Rowe asked me to sing I Need Thee Every Hour for the meeting and I was so happy that I just happened to have a great arrangement of it that I sang in the MTC! Elder Lee from Cedar City played it for me. We only had 15 minutes to put it all together but it went pretty well:) it was also really fun to see my MTC elders and also get to meet other missionaries I haven't ever seen before but have heard good things about:) Pres. and Sister Rowe are absolutely amazing. They are very different from Pres. and Sister Hill, but i am excited to get to know them and learn from them!

Some interesting news this week. We can't do English class anymore...or at least for a little while. there was a newspaper article saying that we were teaching english class illegally and so there has been some stuff going on with that...somebody got upset about our Free english classes because it was taking away money from people who get paid to do it... Or something like that...don't quote me on the details because I'm not sure...It makes sense...but it gets rid of a good successful finding technique for us. But we still have our investigators from last English Class!

Urša and Elena are both doing well and we are getting together with a couple other English class students for lessons. But this week has been a hard one. We had 7 lessons cancel on us and when our standard of excellence is 12 that is saying a lot! We had a lot of contacting time and the weather is hot and humid! And plus the streets are barren on the weekend during the summer because EVERYONE goes to the seaside! ...really it's crazy. we had some good conversations with tourists in center though! We met a woman from Salt lake City! it's fun to pick out the American accents every now and then and talk to them. it has happened a couple of times and it's always great!
Ok. Well I'd better get going.
I love you all!
love,
Sestra Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment