Tuesday, August 30, 2011

7/4/11

Hey everyone!
This week has been a lot better! So Pres. and Sister Hill are now in the States! Our new mission president is Pres. Rowe and they are in Croatia with our Slovene assistants! We get to go down to Croatia tomorrow to meet them and i am really excited!. Pres. Rowe called yesterday and asked if I would sing I need Thee every hour for the meeting! I was really excited:) it will be a neat experience! it is so weird because I am already 1/3 of the way into my mission! it is crazy and I am excited to see where the next year will take me!

Now for updates on the work!
We had a really good lesson with Ksenija and Pres. Majc came along. We talked a lot about testimony and so we are shooting for the 16th September. We are having some other problems with a member who is involved but we are hoping it will all work out!¨
Urša, the young woman in the wheelchair is doing so good! She told us in our last lesson that she received a confirmation that the Book of Mormon is true!! She was reading the Uvod...I mean Introduction, and read the quote from Joseph Smith and said she felt the spirit so strongly and started crying! She is such a neat woman and even though she has some other concerns we are excited for her to progress even further.

We had a neat service project at one of our member family's homes. We went with Barbi Majc and helped the Kralj family in there garden and painted a little too. They live in an absolutely beautiful part of Slovenia pretty far ouside of Ljubljana. I felt like I was in fairy land! I have been inside of Ljubljana my whole mission and feel like I have missed out seeing all of what Slovenia holds! it was sooo pretty with huge rich gardens, green trees and fields and little houses and churches on the hillside. I have seen those things from far away but never really been within those picturesque scenes. it was so neat! The Kralj family is so neat. Dragica and Bogdan are the cutest couple and they are such a strong member family. it was a good day!

We also had a fun day yesterday! We got to go to the Taylors (other couple missionaries) for dinner and we invited Emy the little Filipino girl to come. She is the cutest little woman ever! I'll send some pictures if I have time. She taught me a couple of Tagolog phrases...that i have already forgotten. She is really homesick so we felt it would be a good idea to give her some good company for a couple of hours:)

Anyway those are some highlights of my week! I love you all!
Love,
Sestra Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment