Tuesday, August 30, 2011

8/22/11

Hello Everyone!
So this week was a little rough...but went by very fast!! We had a ton of our lessons cancel and most of our investigators are on vacations...but guess what!!! Urša is back! It was so good to see her. She is so sweet and dedicated to being obedient and doing what is right. She did all of the "Homework" We gave her and shared insights with her mom for FHE. She has her interview this week and she is so nervous about it! I feel so bad because that is not what the interview should be like. We've tried explaining that it is ok if we have to push her baptism back but it didn't help that they announced it in sacrament meeting and everyone was congratulating her. I'm not worried though:) We went through the baptismal interview questions and she was pulling out scriptures to back up her testimony or to expain how she knew that God is real and that the book of mormon is the word of God. She is truly an incredible example to me and I have learned so much about humility and love from her. At the same time she has such a fun personality even though she has been placed in difficult circumstances. I love her!
We also had a good lesson with Zdenka and her daughter Sara. I think i wrote about them last week. Zdenka is a faithful woman and her daughter is struggling right now. We haven't ever gotten with Sara before but we asked Zdenka if we could meet at her house. We didn't think we would be able to meet sara because she was at work but we were really late to the lesson and about halfway through sara came home. It was really neat because Sara would ask a question and Zdenka would answer perfectly! Sara asked about if the book of Mormon was another bible. Zdenka answered and basically taught Sara about Joseph Smith and what the book of Mormon is. It was sooo cool!
Guess what!! I gave a ten minute talk in church on Sunday! JOJ. It was a little nerve racking because Pres. Majc asked me the day before so I had to pull ten minutes of material together in about 2 hours...in Slovene! Let's just say I took advantage of quoting a lot of scriptures and talks:) I talked about love and how important it is to realize our relationship with heavenly Father, and when we do our perspective of life changes. Wordly things don't matter anymore:)

So it's kinda crazy because one more transfer is almost over! We find out probably this week where we will be...and we are pretty sure it won't stay the same like it has the past 2 transfers. I am excited but sad at the same time. I love sister Oakley and have learned a lot from her. I guess we'll see! There is a small chance that nothing will change and I would love to work with her in Ljubljana one more transfer!

Well I'd better get going. I love you all!
Love,
Sestra Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment