Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Annie's Testimony of the Atonement

So pres. Hill asked us to write our testimony about the atonement and I thought I would share with you what I wrote!
I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and the Redeemer of the world. One aspect of the Atonement that has come to mean a lot to me is the enabling power of the Atonement. It is amazing to me that the Savior is the only one who can completely understand what I am going through and He also knows exactly how to succor me. He has sent some amazing people to me in my time of need and has also given me strength and courage to overcome difficulties. Some of my favorite scriptures are Phillipians 4:11-13, 1 Nephi 3:7 and 2 Nephi ch.4. Each of these scriptures touches on the atonement and how we can have strength in the Lord. Because of these scriptures I know that no matter where I am in life or what my circumstances are I can be content because I know that I have trusted in the Lord and he will prepare a way for me to accomplish the things he has commanded me to do. These are some of my foundation scriptures that I have built my testimony on through different phases of my life. 1 nephi 3:7 has been my favorite scripture since I can remember...it might have little bit to do with my love of the primary song...,but that scripture and it's meaning early on in my life is a large part of my testimony of how, because of the atonement of Jesus Christ we can accomplish whatever we are asked to do. My dad shared Phillipians 4:11-13 with me about when I was starting middle school. It has meant a lot to me and truly helped me to understand the Power of the Atonement better. I found 2 nephi Ch. 4 here in Slovenia. I have read it many times but it hit me with great force when I read it at the beginning of my mission and has also given me a better understanding of how, when I trust in the atonement and it's power in every aspect of my soul I can rejoice- I know that the source of power in which I have trusted is stronger than any temptation, any trial, and any sorrow I will experience here on this earth. I love my Savior and am eternally grateful for his love, his power, and his sacrifice for me.

Love,
Sestra Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment