Tuesday, August 30, 2011

6/28/11

Hello everyone!
This week has been a little bit of a rough one. but a lot of great things happened as well!
We had some problems come up with Ksenija that will move her baptismal date even further back. but we are praying for help to know how to handle the situation. She got really upset that we tried to move her baptismal date back and now says that if she isn't baptized this week she won't get with us anymore. We see this as proof that she doesn't fully understand the meaning of baptism and doesn't have a firm testimony of the gospel. We will have a lesson with her on Wednesday and will express our love for her and explain as best we can what baptism really means and the promises we make to God when we are baptized and the consequences of not keeping those promises. She is a great lady and we hope that the spirit can help her understand! Oh and guess what! Julie the cat came home after 14 days!! I thought I'd share:)

Last Monday was great! We went to Vintgar and it was such a beautiful hike! you could see rainbows in the mist of the waterfalls and It was soo green and beautiful! One more stop for the family when we all come back;)

I had my first and last interview with Pres. Hill this week and I am amazed at how he spoke about things that were specified directly to my needs. He is truly and inspired man and the spirit was truly teaching me during the interview. I am really going to miss him and sister Hill!

This week has been kind of sad because so many great missionaries are leaving us and we will only have 12 left in Slovenia and 1 senior couple instead of 16 plus 2 senior couples and the mission President and his wife. Wow. But I am also really excited to see what we can accomplish with our small little group! It reminds me of the scripture in 1 Nephi 14:12-14. It talks about how there will only be a few members of the church in the last days, but that we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth and we will have God's power with us. Just like the church in general the missionaries in Slovenia are few but we have the Lord on our side! We have a lot of potential and some great people that we are working with!
Urša came to church and family night this week and loved it! She is such an amazing girl and I am so excited to see how she progresses. We also have a couple of new investigators with promise that I will write more about next week. Elena is on vacation this week so we will see her in about a week. We are starting up English class again soon so we are doing a lot with that as well!
Well I'd better go!
I love you all!
Love,
Sestra Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment