Monday, September 5, 2011

9/5/11

Hello Family and Friends!

This week has been a little bit slow....probably because last week was so exciting in contrast anything would be a little slow:) I am really enjoying working with Sister Staheli! Her teaching style is similar to mine and so we have both found ourselves doing more talking on lessons than we are used to so we are both growing a lot! I personally think we are going to work really well together and am very excited to see what we can accomplish! She is a great missionary:) We did a lot of contacting and tracting the first couple of days this week with absolutely no success and tried tracking down some referals and less actives with even less succes...haha yeah it's possible. We had some good lessons with some members and with Zdenka and Helena! Sister Staheli has brought some great new perspectives and ideas for our investigators and I really hope we can get them progressing faster. We have also been helping a couple women clean their houses. I don't know if I told you about Duša...she is a woman we are helping to quit smoking and as part of that process she wanted to clean out her apartment...which was an excellent idea...but may take several years. She would qualify for clean sweep in an instant and unfortunately Sister Staheli and I can't spend more than a couple hours with her each week so...we'll let you know how that goes:)

One thing this week that has been really neat for me this week is revelation!! Pres. Rowe has really been emphasizing that we need to have more revelation in this work and as I have prayed for more and that I would understand that which was given to me I have been flooded with amazing insights for myself and for our investigators. I am so grateful to the Lord and the fact that he communicates with us. We tracted into a muslim man this week and he was trying to get us to read the Koran and said that when we had read it then he would talk to us. We talked to him for awhile and as I was thinking about it later and compared my experience with him to our investigators and all the people we talk to on the street. it struck me that so many people don't know these things for themselves. They believe it because that is what makes sense to them in their minds. They don't seek it out from God. They don't rely on revelation which is the rock of the gospel as Jesus says in the new testament. We can know the truth of all things by the Holy Ghost and too many people don't know that! Our prophet receives revelation from God and he is the only religous leader who can receive revelation for the world! That is incredible! I am so grateful we have God's word. I am grateful we can find out it's truth for ourselves and I can say that I have! I'm afraid that is kind of scattered...but take it for what it's worth:)

Thank you for all your prayers and support! I love you all!
Love,
Sestra Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment