Friday, February 25, 2011

Last Week in the MTC and she's off!

Hello Everyone!!

I LEAVE THE MTC IN 6 DAYS!!! I cannot tell you how excited/terrified I am! Sister Okoren has been reading me their e-mails and all of my teachers have been telling me more and more stories about Slovenia and the members there. We found out that the sisters won't be going to Celje but to Ljubljana because the members haven't had sisters there for awhile. So I will either be in Ljubljiana or Maribor. I got my travel plans this past thursday!!! I am leaving monday February 28th at 1:30 in the afternoon. My flight is around 4:30. Mommy I still don't know if I will be able to call but if I did it would probably do it in the Salt Lake Airport between those 2 times...ah I don't want you to get your hopes up though. Should I try calling your cell phone or home phone if I do? Anyway I'll let you know if I will be able to! I then fly directly to Paris!!! We only have like an hour and a half there and there is a slight chance I could call then too but I really have no idea. I will be sure to write you as soon as I find out...meaning in the next couple of days:) I then fly to Ljubljana and I will be in Slovenia!! oh my goodness it is hard to even comprehend that right now! Sister Staheli, Oakley and Hegameister (sp?) sent me a postcard and milka chocolate! It made me so happy and I am sooo excited to meet them! The postcard had a picture of Maribor and they had circled where the apartment was and my teachers showed me where the curch was. It makes it so much more real when I can actually see where I will be walking and hear stories about actual people I will meet. I'm getting so excited!! The language is still coming slowly. I wish I could say that I feel prepared...but I don't. I know so little but I have put in my best effort to learn the language and I know the Lord will help me with the rest:) We had a little activity this past week where we taught with the Polish missionaries. One of them helped me feel like I was doing really well because they are in a similar place as I am with the language. Then I taught an elder who seriously sounded like he spoke fluently and I was a little discouraged. I hope he is just exceptionally smart and that I will be ok;) The MTC experience has been such a good one... a hard one...but a good one! I have learned so much and the past couple of weeks have been very spiritually uplifting and good. Jake said in his letter to me that it must be nice to focus only one the gospel. I hadn't really thought about it since I got here but it is the truth! I haven't felt stressed or overwhelmed about anything and have just been able to focus on developing my relationship with the Lord and learning how to bring the gospel to His children. Thank you Jake for helping me gain that perspective:) So we don't get mail on Saturdays, Sundays, and then this Monday was President's day so if you sent me something over the weekend and I don't respond it is because I will get in this evening! I'm sorry I will do my best:) I think mom and pops should be on your cruise right now and I hope you are having a blast!!! I only have a minute left so I will say goodbye! I love you all thank you for your love and support! The next time I will e-mail I will be in Slovenia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Sestra Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment