Thursday, February 10, 2011

week... I've lost track. 3 weeks left to go in the MTC

Zdravo Moja Druzina!
Unfortunately I cannot type with Sloven letters or there would be a hot check above that z....just so you know:) Thank you for all of your letters! As of yesterday I only have 3 weeks left in the MTC! It's funny because we have welcomed into our Zone 4 groups of missionaries all English speaking and they all have left or will leave before me!... It's a little emotionally draining because I have loved many of them! The 4 sisters that came in 3 weeks ago left yesterday and I was so sad! they were so sweet! Sister Warwood is from Hooper and said she knew the Kites! and there is another elder here Elder...Hokison? who said he was in the Kite's ward! Sorry I'm going to be all over the place in this e-mail...as usual. We have some new girls in our room and Sister Becky Levanger is from woods cross and said she knew who Ben and Miles were...fun little connections all over! I saw Elder Gillespie(sp?) Yesterday and I am accompanying Elder Brady Johnson and Elder Josh Parkinson on a song they are auditioning for on Thursday.

Anyway I thought It was about time I acknowledged my father for his wonderful insightful letters:) Really Pops your last letter echoed a lot of the things I learned this week and I loved it! What you said about the ups and downs on a mission so far have been true for me in the MTC! and I also loved what you said about faith preceding Miracles. In our LGM this week we talked about that exact concept. Miracles do not create faith. Faith creates miracles which in turn strengthen our faith! Thank you so much for your letters papa!
Sandy Stevenson asked me about scripture cases and I was wondering if they were a specific set that her son wanted (there are different styles/colors from Guatemala) so if you could let me know I would be more than willing to pick them up for her!

I auditioned this week for a musical number (I Need Thee Every Hour) The musical numbers are performed in the Devotionals (in front of 2,000ish missionaries!!!) in relief society and the new missionary orientations. When I auditioned they said they would probably use me somewhere so I'll let you know when/if I do!

Mom wanted to know a little bit of my schedule. It is basically the same everyday except for when I have Gym. We have 50 minutes to work out except on Tuesdays and Sundays (Papa you will be pleased to know that I have been running basically everyday....except when sisters want to play basketball... I never turn down that chance:)) Other than that I eat and sit in my classroom all day! I have a service activity every Thursday Morning and I teach in the TRC (Teaching Resource Center) in the evening...Oh! I taught the first lesson in my language this past thursday!!!! Wow it was intimidating! There were 6 Slovene volunteers so I was teaching 5 people who spoke the language. Luckily one of them was my companion. It was a good experience. I still understand so little but as long as I teach simply(which is our goal anyway) I can atleast teach the basic principles. It is kind of awkward sometimes because it takes me about 5 minutes to put one sentence together but it is coming! I also said some awkward things like "I know that God loves us because I have felt your love" or "I know that we are your children" ( don't worry I've got the his and your word mix up figured out now...hopefully...).

Lorna! Thank you so much for your letter! It was so encouraging and gave me more hope about learning the language:) The Finnish missionaries are on our same floor and I found out that one of the Elders in Slovenia is from Finland. I think of you every time I hear about it!

Sister Christensen and I have been teaching in the TE and we have a progressing investigator who we just challenged to be baptized! It is onlyl a teacher who is role playing but it is the closest thing we have to a real situation here in the MTC. It is amazing because whenever I have committed someone to baptism I have always felt the spirit so strongly even though it isn't a real situation. It has been really neat!

Well that's about it for this week! I love you all and I am going to send some pictures soon! the picture card would be great mom! love you!
Love,
Sestra Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment