Monday, February 7, 2011

sorry its late... Week 5!

Hello Family!!

So I have started taking notes in my planner during the week about what I want to write about so I don't miss anything... and I still don't think I'll be able to say everything!
Let's start out with the questions
Mom, what you said you had in the package sounded great! I think the washers and dryers eat socks....really though.
Jake I am sorry I haven't answered your questions! I think the ratio of Elders to Sisters in the MTC is somewhere around 6 or 7 to 1...(I actually have no idea but I asked the elders in my district and that's what they thought so...that's what I'm putting). I would love to teach you Slovene when I get home...as long as I know it by then;). The food is comparable to SUU's cafeteria food....except not quite as good. Wow I never thought I'd see the day when I would say something was not as good as SUU's cafeteria but there you go. It is definitely edible but let's just say every building smells a little unpleasant. Every day is pretty busy and we have a pretty strict schedule! I learn something new every day and there is always a really good moment and a really discouraging moment sometime within each day.
I wanted to say thank you to Mary Ann and Todd and Megan for their letters! It made me so happy! I don't remember if I thanked Grandma last week...so thank you!
Ok now for my list of things to talk about!
Last week Sister Wixom gave a talk in relief society (Primary General President?) and It was amazing! You know how people always ask "how well do you know God?" well she changed that question just a little bit and said "do you realize just how well you know God?" Isn't that neat? When we see our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ we will be surprised at how well we know them. That just gave me a lot of comfort and gave me a little bit of a different perspective on my relationship with Heavenly Father.
I also read a talk from Elder Holland called The Inconvenient Messiah and I want you all to read it because it is amazing! I don't have a ton of time to expound but you should read it and then we can discuss it next week:) Read it for FHE or something.

This week has been kind of wierd. Last Tuesday?.... Sister Broderick passed out on the stairs and hurt her neck at like 10:00 and we had to take her to the emergency room to get an x-ray...we were there until 2:00 in the morning because the doctors forgot about us for an hour and then the MTC shuttle took 50 minutes to pick us up... it has taken us a while to catch up on sleep! (I took some pictures of a creepy waiting room that could have been in a creepy movie...I'll send pictures) a couple of nights ago the fire alarm went off at 10:00 because the someone burned popcorn....

Mom a seam in my boot ripped... I super glued it so I'm hoping it stays.

Guess who is a new district leader in my zone?! Elder Josh Parkinson! He is such a neat elder and I was excited to find out he was in my branch! I also saw Zac Zabriskie's brother Ryan....right? he is going to Mexico somewhere and he came up and said hi. It is always fun to see familiar faces! I'm trying out for a musical number this thursday with I Need thee every hour! I hope it goes well:)

The language is coming and Like I said before I have moments every day that are really good where I remember a word I've been struggling with but then there are really discouraging moments when I feel like it is impossible and I will never be able to speak it well enough to be understood. Line upon line precept upon precept right?
The list worked! I think I got through everything I wanted to say... I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Sestra Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment