Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Letter from 3/21

Hello everone!

Wow! I cannot believe how fast time goes. I am already a third through my first transfer here in SLovenia! joj!!! I am slowly understanding more and more of the language each day. It is really interesting because I can hear a sentence and know every single word they are saying but still have absolutely no idea what it means! That probably sounds crazy but it is true! It just takes too long for me to work through the words so my the time I have filed through my brain to figure out one word they are five words further in the sentence. also Sentence structure is funky and they have some strange phrases. They always "walk on" places. Like to say we are going to church we say "Hodimo na Cerkev" which means literally we are walking on church. anyway fun little language fact for the day!Ok. I forgot to tell you last week that we had our first non member lesson! There was a woman who came to the church and Predsednik Juhart was there (district President). She asked him about our church and he testified to her and then called us and asked us to teach her. She asked to be called Gospa Mili and seems like a neat lady. We taught her the first lesson and gave her a Book of Mormon. She said she needed some time to read it and then she would call us. We asked if we could get together to teach her more but she just said she didn't want to rush into anything so she would call us when she had read it. We asked if we could call in a couple weeks and she said that would be fine. I'll let you know what happens! we are going to call her this week:) This past week we taught Tadeja who has been investigating the church for a while and has a really strong testimony of the gospel. When we taught her it felt like we were teaching another member lesson. She would get baptized in an instant if she could but she is living with her parents who are Catholic and very against the idea of her joining the church. They are supporting her through school and Tadeja is afraid they will kick her out if she gets baptized. We brainstormed some ideas of how we could familiarize her parents with the church so they would be more open and so the Lord could soften their hearts. She is such a sweet person and I'm praying that her parents will be open to efforts.We have so many amazing members in the Ljubljana ward and I wish I had time to tell stories about all of them but I don't really have time. We go for one a week! Monika is a younger woman who is getting ready to send in he mission papers!!! she has a boyfriend who is also getting ready to go on a mission. She has so much faith her desire to serve a mission is so strong! Our first lesson with her was right after she had gone to the doctors and the doctor wouldn't sign her papers for some reason. She was absolutely devastated and came to us crying. We talked to her about how the Lord knows her desire to serve a mission and that he will provide a way for her to fulfill that desire and that timing is everything, and only the Lord knows what timing is right. She has gotten in figured out since then and will send in her papers within the next couple of weeks! So exciting!Ok. last monday we went to lake Bled with the Taylor's (the cutest couple ever! they are so sweet!) and family guess what?! we have to come back when I get off my mission and go there. I kept on thinking of you and thinking that the little trip there was totally something we would do together! It was beautiful. we walked around the lake and then toured the old castle up on the hill. it was a lot of fun. This past week I also got to go to Croatia! We had a Golden Training meeting and it was fun to meet some of the missionaries in Croatia!Ok I've written way too much already. I love you all!

Love,Sestra Powell

1 comment:

  1. I realize this is super random, but I am kelli jeans little sister, who is a friend of annies. She wanted me to get annies address for her, so i was wondering if I can get that from you. you can email it to me if you would like. my email is kerriarussell@gmail.com. or if you want to email it to kelli her email is kelli.russell@myldsmail.net

    ReplyDelete