Monday, March 7, 2011

First week in SLOVENIA and pictures!


Annie calling the domophone for one of the bloks the stuffed. (do I know what this means? No but that is what she said she was doing in this picture.) reference paragraph 3 of the letter


Annie's companion Sister Oakley

Annie and her comp

















Hello Everyone!!!
Wow! Where do I even begin! There is so much to say but I honestly don'nt know where to start....ok usually na začetku is a good place . I am in Ljubljana with Sister Oakley!!!! When we arrived we went to the mission home and had interviews and dinner with Pres. Hill and his wife. They are so amazing! I am so excited to get to know them better because they are amazing people. Sister Oakley came down from Maribor and met us at the mission home. She is such a fun person and I am so grateful for her! After that the Assistents took us to our apartment in Šiška (our new area). The apartment used to be the elders so I'm not going to lie I was a little bit nervous....but they cleaned it up really well and left us all kinds of notes about how things worked and how to get places and sisters in the ward and little bios about them and...wow ...I was impressed! So the apartment is pretty nice. The bedroom is a little strange though....it is a closed off balcony with no heating system ...so it is basically outside... so we moved the bed inside to the living room. Ingenuitive ali ne? it is quite a nice little arrangement and a cozy little place! Anyway. So the first full day we tracted to the church (Sister Oakley did most of the talking but I stopped a couple of people!....I hardly understand anything the native speakers say...but I understand most of the missionaries:) and just kind of tried to get to know Šiška because Sister Oakley has been in Maribor her whole 6 months here! Later that night we had a practice because we are going to have a "concert" here in Ljubljana! We are singing in English and I am so excited that music will be a part of my mission so soon! The elders are great and I am so excited to work with them! They have all helped us out so much already.

We had a lesson with one of the members this week. Her name is Jelka and is possibly the sweetest woman ever. She made us lunch and it was amazing! We shared a spiritual thought with her and yes I did contribute! I can use words I know to make an understandable thought! She doesn't understand English and I still only understand a word to about every 10-20 words so most of my time during the visit was spent picking out familiar sounds (in my head it went something like this "OH! I know that word! I have no idea what she was talking about but I know she said garden!"). It was a reallz fun visit:)
We have been doing a lot of handing out flyers because we are going to have an English class! If I have time I will send a couple of pictures of me stuffing bloks! Good stuff! I even started pushing the call button and telling people what we needed to door opened for....yeah I'lll explain later I don't have a lot of time left. Yesterday was my first Sundayand church was great! it is truly amazing how i can feel something so familiar in a place on the other side of the world! Guess what everyone? The Gospel is True! I thought I'd tell you that just in case you didn't already know:) and guess whatelse? Predsenik Majc asked us to bear our testimonies!!! joj! It was a really neat experience though because I just picked a couple of truths I new and made sentences out of them and when I got up I wasn't even really nervous. I know the Lord was helping me. It is amazing the whole time I have been here I have felt that same sustaining power I felt in the MTC. Not much has been easy but I know the Lord has been helping me by giving me strength and energy while I am adjusting. Ok I feel like I am leaving so much out but I have taken too much time already. I love you all so much. Thank you for your prayers and support!


Love, Sestra Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment