Tuesday, May 3, 2011

letter and pictures! 5/2

Beautiful Slovenia!
































Lucija and I













Slovene Easter eggs!




















The only man in tvoli who ever listens to us *sigh*






Hello Everyone!
My first transfer is over can you believe it!!! It is really weird to think about. Not much is going to change for the sisters here is Slovenia for the second transfer:) We are all staying with our same companions and in our same cities. I am excited because Sister Oakley and I are starting to see more success from our slow start in a new area for sisters and we are excited to see it grow even more!

The highlight of my week had to be a lesson we had with one of the newer members here. Her name is Darya. She has been struggling because she comes to church and sees all of these happy families and it makes her sad because she knows her family can't be like that until they accept the gospel as well. Her daughter was going to be baptized the same time as her but something happened and she stopped taking the lessons. Anyway, Darja is a really sweet and soft spoken woman. She admitted that she hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon because she wasn't finding answers when she read, so she turned to the books about God that she read before and said she got answers immediately. We talked to her about the purpose of the Book of Mormon and that it is supposed to be a source for answers. We discussed about why it wasn't for her and what we could do to help. We read the introduction because the quote by Joseph Smith is pretty powerful and also read parts of ch. 5 from PMG. The Spirit was really strong and I truly feel like the spirit was helping me say the things I needed to in Slovene! It was the most I have said in a lesson so far and it was really neat. The next day we talked to Darja and she said that she had read the night of the lesson and also that day! We really hope she keeps it up. I know that her family will be blessed as she continues to read!

English class ended this week and I had another "Gift of tongues" moment. We watched the Restoration video for our last class and afterward I got up and bore my testimony. I hadn't planned anything to say but, once again, I felt the words coming to my mind and also felt the spirit very strongly. It was a very simple testimony-- and I know I made several mistakes, but it is a good feeling to know the Spirit will help me when I open my mouth!
Anyway, once again it was a holiday so i don't have a ton of time. Sorry for any typos I tried to be fast!
Love you all!
Love,
Sestra Powell

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. Hope you and your family enjoyed your phone call!

    ReplyDelete