Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2nd Week in the MTC

Hello family!
once again I have very little time to write so please forgive me if this is scatterbrained! Sister Christensen has to go to the dentist today because someone slammed a door in her faced and cracked her tooth. sad huh? she said it doesn't hurt, so I have even less time than usual today!I'm also very sorry if I don't answer all of your questions because I can't remember all of them so keep asking if you really want to know!:) First off mommy do you think you could send a battery operated alarm clock? sister christeses doesn't have one either so we're relying on our roommates to wake us up and they are leaving next week! I'm sorry the packages are so difficult to send! as far as my turtly neck goes I have no idea where is might be:( I wouldn't mind a few more things of music like come thou fount etc.)Heidi!!!! thank you soooo much for all of your little notes! they mean so much to me and I'm sorry I can't respond very fully to every single one of them! They make me so happy and don't worry anyone about making me homesick I love hearing about all that you are doing!Jake!!! I am so sorry I didn't give you a shout out in my last letter! I didn't get your e-mail so I was afraid "you no longer found me attractive" as papa would say it. I did however get you dear elder letter and I have to tell you Jakey that your talk on hope was an anwer to my prayers. This week I have been really focusing on having hope in God's promises to me as a missionary because I have been frustrated with how I forget the language so quickly and don't retain everything that I learn. I feel like one of those pitching machines is aimed right at me with balls shooting at me every 5 seconds and I am expected to hit every single one.... not possible. Your short 2 minute talk summed up everything that the Lord has taught me about hope this week and it was perfectly timed! Thank you for being so in tune with the spirit my friend!Mom, Papa, Mary Kate and Joey thank you for your letters as well. It's so fun to imagine you talking to me as I read those letters! You are all amazing and thank you for all of your support!

Ok now to answer your questions and tell you what has been happening to me this week! First of all. no sestra Okoren is not awkward she is amazing. She is not from Slovenia but her grandparents are and she is not a convert...in the normal sense of the word. I'll have to tell you that story another time. My other 2 teachers are also amazing and I have learned so much from them! Brat Segler is from Cedar City! Cool huh? Southern Utah has definitely been represented in Slovenia! Sister Shorten is an outdoorsey kind of person and sooo neat! My roommates are amazing! So sweet and thoughtful and honest. ummm.....think annie think...what else...OH! So we had a meeting about dress and grooming and guess what? there was one picture to demonstrate a good cute haircut and guess who it was? Lauren Davies! Funny Huh? I have also seen Brady Johnson a couple of times:)

So this week was my first time teaching in the T.A or TRC where there are volunteers who come in and listen to us teach a lesson. Nicole Lier was one of the volunteers!!! It was so fun to see her and talk to her for a little while. Anyway I was a little afraid especially for my introduction in Slovene. The slovene part went fine. But the amazing part was when we were teaching the first lesson. It was a little rough in spots but for the most part I think the spirit was there and it went a lot better than I thought it would for the first time. Then came the part where we talked about the first vision. Sister Christensen bore her testimony about Joseph Smith and I honestly don't think the spirit has ever hit me as hard as it did at that moment. It felt like a huge ball of peace and hit my chest and flooded into the rest of my body. It really helped my testimony grow on the power of bearing testimony. I don't even remember what she said but I know how I felt and if I can have the spirit with me as I teach the investigators I teach aren't going to remember what I say but how they felt. it's so powerful!!!Ok I'm running Out of time I love you all and I'm sorry I can't tell you everything in one little e-mail!
Love you!Sestra Powell

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like she's doing great! Loving reading the blog!

    ReplyDelete