Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First E-Mail!!

Hello mommy!
I have so much to say and only a half an hour to do it in or I get booted off the computer! First of all I think I left my brown turtle neck somewhere... because it is not here so if you find it could you send it to me? and maybe some extra socks, wool and my fuzzy white ones? that would be great! Umm... this is going to be so scatter brained so please forgive my ramblings. I'll try to write Heidi back but if I don't have time will you have her post this one on my blog? As far as mail goes the letters you send on dear elder.com are sent to me that day and I can read them that night so if you could write me that way in the MTC that will give me time to read them and then write you back without using up my 30 minutes...does that make sense? you can send me as many letters on dear elder as you want and I will get them that day!
Ok enough business...although I feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh well. The MTC is beyond anything I expected. I know so far that the Lord has helped me to not feel homesick. After you guys dropped me off I felt like there was a power sustaining me and still is as far as homesickness goes. My companion is so great. She honestly can start up a conversation with anyone! She is so enthusiastic and although she isn't quite as much of a rule follower as me we have gotten along great so far:) She is going into mortuary science and is from Sandy Utah. She is going to Utah State and has a boyfriend who is 26 who she left behind (mom I told her your story and it gave her hope...I hope that isn't a bad thing!) My teachers are honestly amazing! I am the only one in my class because yes, I am the only one going to Slovenia! There are 4 elders who are going to Croatia and 2 going to Serbia but since they are learning different languages they are in a different class all day. Oh! and sister Christensen is going to the Czech Prague mission! Anyway. I love my teachers so much! I have three but so far I have only met 2 of them. Sestra Okoren is amazing and is very outgoing and a "let's get it done" kind of teacher. Brat Segler is completely different but just as great. He is very quiet and a more meticulous teacher. I have learned so much from both of them already! I haven't met my 3rd teacher yet but her name is Sestra Shorten and she was Sestra Okoren's companion in Slovenia about a year ago and I am so excited to meet her! My roomates are great. They are a little elder crazy....which is totally not what I expected... but They are so humble, outgoing and nice! They bought me flip flops for the shower on my first day and are always willing to take time to help me out! Sister Broderick made my bed for me the first day and it made me so happy...something so simple! I feel really bad for her because she has been having fainting spells and might have to go home and she has made so many sacrifices to make it here on her mission. She is going to the Temple square mission with Sister Demonteny. Sister Pelfry is going to California... some church sight there... I can't remember. Anyway this morning I got to go to the temple and it was so amazing! For the first couple of days I really struggled because the MTC was really not what I was expecting. I felt out of place and so disoriented but It has been getting better!
The language is coming... slowly but I'm excited to learn more! I'm running out of time so I have to go!
Ljubim vi!
Sestra Powell

1 comment:

  1. It's so great to read her letter and hear what the MTC is like for her! So sad to have to say goodbye :(

    ReplyDelete