Sunday, December 26, 2010

Annie Spoke in Church Today!












Sestra (sister in Slovenian) Powell spoke in church today! Her Topic was Coming unto Christ.
I took the following quote from her talk:

"In my mission prep class this past semester there was a story told about one of the apostles who came to the MTC. He asked the missionaries a question that was something along the lines of “what is your ultimate goal as missionaries?” He kept getting answers like “Get people baptized!” “Get people to believe in the book of Mormon!” He was disappointed that the missionaries did not know the answer. The answer he was looking for and that I am very grateful I now understand is that my ultimate goal as a missionary is to bring people to Christ."

So many Family and Friends came to support! Thank you everyone.







"I hope that we can all recognize those urges to become better, seize them, and use the Lord’s help to change our very natures to become like Christ. I hope that we can learn as much as we can about Jesus Christ and what His Atonement can do for us. I hope that we will be able to truly see Christ in our lives and I know that as we come unto Christ we become like him and come that much closer to our eternal goal. His invitation to come unto Him is an invitation to true joy and eternal life." ~Sister Powell

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness I LOVE THIS.

    Annie Powell is going to be the best missionary!

    ReplyDelete